Saturday, February 2, 2013

Choices and Change

It is February 2, 2013, snowing like a dickens outside, and I am cozy warm and snug as a bug in my home.
I am content, happy, and healthy.  I have everything I really need to eat, with the exception of milk, that I will get at the store tomorrow morning.  With all of this, I wonder how some people will survive in the cold weather.  Are most people as happy as I am at this moment?  Does everyone have a full belly and have enough to eat tonight?  The answer is no.  The answer is not by a long shot...even in the United States.
People everywhere are suffering...sometimes in silence in their marriages, an illness, or even not enough food.  As a life coach, I have natural compassion and a yearning to help.  But, I have learned I can't help everyone.
Some people have to help themselves too.  People have to want the help.  People have to want to change.
What do I have control over to change if I want to change something?  What do I not have control over?
I realize I have a lot of control over my reactions to things.  I can be proactive and plan ahead.  I can choose to handle things in a way better or healthier way sometimes.  Those are my choices.  Those are your choices too.  Those are many people's choices.  So...what is your choice?  What changes can you make to make your life better?

No comments:

Post a Comment